Thursday 18 August 2011

Tan Chin Hwa - Activites

Here comes the final project of Digital Media 1! In this project, we are suppose to create a website with a theme of  "Promotes Tourism - Malaysia Holiday Destination". We are in a group of 5 and each of us have their own task to do. My part would be to create a page about activities in Pahang. 

Description on the individual ideation of the link

The idea of the link is to provide information regarding the activities in the four places that we chose for Pahang
which is Genting Highlands, Cameron Highlands, Taman Negara, and Pulau Tioman. There are links for
transportation, accomodation and so on, hence definitely the viewers of the site wants to know what they can 
do at those places. That would be the ideation of the link called "Activites".

Objective of the link

The objective of this link is basically to inform and attract the viewers about the activities in the four places. 
There will be information on what they can do at those places, when will the activities be available, how much 
they have to pay for certain activities and images regarding the activities such as jungle trekking, diving and 
so on. I would like to enable the viewers to gather their information with little effort on their side so, I would divide 
the activities into their respective places and just within few clicks. 

Design of GUI

We have decided to divide our website into four famous places of Pahang which is Genting Highlands, Cameron Highlands, Taman Negara and Pulau Tioman. Since there are four places and there are many activities in each 
place, so it would be crammed up if all the information are being simply put into one page. Hence, I decided to
design my interface like below.


The screen shot above will show the page after you have clicked on Activities on the Home page. The four small
boxes on the top half page would be the buttons that link to the four places. I plan to use pictures with a vertical
text in each of the boxes as buttons. I will use Adobe Photoshop to help me on that. And, for the big box at the 
bottom half page, I would like to put a slide show or maybe an animation regarding the activities in those four
places. In this case, I would use Adobe Flash to help me. 


As for the layout above, this is what I planned on how to arrange my information when you clicked on any one of 
the four buttons. There would be pictures of the activity and information on that activity itself. I believe by this way, 
people could find their information easier. And if they want to get information on other places, they can just go
back to the Activities page and choose from there. 

P/S : Please note that the design of GUI did not include the banners and buttons for the whole website. This is 
because there might be still some changes in the home page. 

Flow Chart of Individual Site


This is the flow chart for my link. Basically, under Activities there will be the four places that I've mentioned before 
and below each place, there will be images and text to inform the viewers about the activities they can do there.  

Reference

For now, I already have some references where I gather information from. I will find more references for pictures
to put into the website. Here are the references. 


I'll be back with more updates. Thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment